There are many reasons to bring your production to Champaign-Urbana, from ease of access to affordability.
But what do you know about our community?
Champaign-Urbana is a micro-urban oasis that enjoys the benefits of a big city with the charm of a small town. With the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign as the hub of the community, the greater Champaign-Urbana area offers a thriving arts and culture atmosphere combined with top-notch dining options, sporting events, museums and technology and wide open spaces. Throughout the year, we are home to hundreds of events, large and small, from film festivals, marathons, pride events, intimate music concerts and street performances. Our community has captured the hearts of its residents, in addition to many visitors around the world, receiving notable recognitions solidifying our community as Brilliant.
Here's some notable rankings that showcase "Why Champaign-Urbana":
- Champaign-Urbana named “Best Midwest Food Town”, August 2017 (Midwest Living)
- Champaign-Urbana Ranked #2 Startup City for startup and entrepreneurial activity, February 2019 (Silicon Prairie News)
- CUMTD named a Silver Bicycle Friendly Business, February 2016 (League of American Bicyclists)
- Champaign ranked #12 on “Best Places to Walk or Bike” list, May 2015 (TIME)
- Urbana ranked one of the “30 Easiest Cities to Get Around”, April 2015 (AARP)
- Champaign-Urbana ranked on “7 Unexpectedly Great American Cities For a Weekend Visit” list, April 2019 (Thrillist)
- Champaign ranked #7 Best College Town in America, September 2018 (Livability)
- Champaign ranked #1 on “2018 Top 10 Best Cities for Recent College Grads” list, June 2018 (Livability)
- Champaign ranked #7 on “Best Affordable College Towns for Recent Grads—and Everyone Else” list, May 2018 (Realtor)
- Maize Mexican Grill named Best Burrito in Illinois — and the 11th-best in the country, August 2018 (The Daily Meal)
- Farren’s Pub & Eatery Named Top Burger Restaurant in Illinois, August 2018 (TripAdvisor)
- Champaign ranked as “Best College Food Town in Illinois”, August 2017 (Tasting Table)
- Curtis Orchard’s Honey named “2016 Best Tasting Honey in the World”, March 2017 (The Center for Honey Bee Research)
- Prairie Fruits Farm & Creamery’s Goat Cheese named one of “8 Must-Try Midwest Cheeses”, February 2017 (Feast Magazine)
Check out our Experience Guide to learn more about what the community has to offer.
Bringing your crew and talent to the community? It's easy with the University of Illinois Willard Airport, Amtrak and easy access from I-57, I-74 and I-72. Learn more about getting here and getting around our community.
Planning around the weather? Get monthly statistics about what to expect in our area.