ILLINOIS FOOTBALL WEEKEND GUIDE
BEFORE & AFTER THE GAME
Make it a weekend when you come in for Illini Football! There's always something happening in Champaign-Urbana to enjoy. Here's some of our top recommendations:
- Discover why we were named Midwest Living's Greatest Midwest Food town with our vibrant culinary scene spread far and wide in Champaign-Urbana.
- Get nostalgic with a walk down Green Street and find some of your old haunts and the many new spots located in Campustown.
- Check out our area museums with rotating exhibits and immersive experiences. Did you know that many of our museums are free to visit?
- Burn off your anxiety in our many parks and forest preserves. If you're looking for a quieter getaway, try camping at Middle Fork River Forest Preserve, the state's only International Dark Sky Park.
- Check out live music throughout the community. Whether you head to Krannert Center for the Performing Arts, the Rose Bowl Tavern, or Pour Bros., there is live music happening throughout the Champaign-Urbana area every day of the year.
- Get your fill of fall at our area agritourism spots. Curtis Orchard & Pumpkin Patch in Champaign is a must-stop for apple donuts (perfect for a tailgate), cider and their award-winning honey. Head to Amish Country for a stop at The Great Pumpkin Patch, where nationally-recognized owner, Mac Condill showcases the artistry of pumpkins and gourds. Head north to Rantoul to get lost in the 10-acre corn maze at Hardy's Reindeer Ranch and get your reindeer kiss while there!
- Bring home a gift for your family or for yourself! With dozens of boutiques in our downtown districts and area-wide, you'll find something unique to bring home.
Make Game Day an entire weekend. Finding a hotel room is easy!
We have 4,500 hotel rooms in the Champaign-Urbana area, many of which are very close to Memorial Stadium. Give them a call or book directly online.
Need assistance? Give us a call at 1-800-369-6151.
Know where the best places to park are before heading over to the game. Find your facilities here.
CLEAR BAG POLICY
If it's been awhile since you've attended an Illini basketball game, you might want to brush up on the relatively new Clear Bag Policy. In short, any bag larger than a 4.5" by 7" clutch must be clear, and not exceed 12" x 6" x 12".
Looking to feed a group of people before heading to the game? Check out the wide variety of offerings to make sure you don’t go hungry before the game!
THINGS TO DO
Champaign-Urbana is conveniently located at the intersection of I-74, I-57 and I-72 so no matter where you're coming from, it's easy to get here. We also have Amtrak for a reliable ride or Fly Champaign-Urbana if you're coming from farther away. Click here for more information.
EXPLORING THE BIG TEN CONFERENCE
Traveling to our fellow Big Ten communities? Check out Cities of the Big Ten to plan your trip and discover all that our schools and communities have to offer!