Filming At Your Location
What to Expect
As the Champaign-Urbana area continues to grow as a filming destination, the need to grow our locations of film-friendly residences, office spaces, and local businesses is needed. To be better prepared to be considered as a potential film location, please be aware of the following considerations.
- Film crews will likely be in your location for several days to several weeks.
- In some cases, an advance group will come in a few days before the crew to prepare the site.
- There may be dozens of film crew members in and out of the location throughout the duration of the filming.
- Some film crews may need a staging area on-site for equipment or personnel.
- There are typically several large production vehicles/trucks that will need to be parked on the street in front of the film location.
- Some film crews will provide an extra power source for lighting, while others will need access to an existing source.
- Film crews may request alterations to certain areas of the property, but they typically commit to returning everything to its original condition. This may take several days after a change has been made and the scene has been filmed.
- There will need to be an access point for film crews to move their equipment in and out.
- Last-minute schedule changes are not uncommon, so flexibility is appreciated.
- Filmmakers should provide proof of insurance (property and injury/liability), comprehensive general liability, and a hold harmless agreement.
- Filmmakers should provide a contract that specifies the scope of work
Ready to submit your location?
Submit your contact details and property information below. Please provide as much detail as possible, as well as high-quality photos that showcase your space. We will follow-up with additional needs or questions regarding your location.